01. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Played a show in full drag. Apart from the makeup. Saved that for the next day.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
DAMN QUIZ I'M JUST TRYING TO LIVE MY LIFE GET OFF MY BACK.
03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Joe and Beth Hardtke will have a kid by the end of the year!
04. Did anyone close to you die?
No one too close. Thank goodness. 2009 was a bad year for death.
05. What countries did you visit?
Just the good ol' U S of A.
06. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
07. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
For unexplained reasons, most of my best times this year were spent in Chicago. The PRF extravaganza, the PosterChildren show and Bumble's halloween party, the karaoke/pig roast/record shopping/Mono and Maserati weekend in October...huh. Who knew?
08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Personally? I didn't do anything that great. My band did some cool things, though.
09. What was your biggest failure?
I've barely written anything all year. It's like I don't know how anymore.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too bad, although I did manage to use up all my sick time again this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A plane ticket to San Francisco.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Oh, lots of people.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Plenty of folks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The usuals (food, gas, bills, records.) I spent more money than usual on travel, and I like that.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was so excited to be at the first night of the PRF fest that I drank a possible eleven beers, blurted semi-inappropriate things to people I barely knew, and vomited red velvet cake back at John and Eliza's place. Good times!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"This Tornado Loves You."
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
hotter of colder? I guess hotter, due to the day I was delirious from lack of sleep this summer, and drove over hell and high water to find an air conditioner.
Fatter or thinner? Maybe just a touch thinner.
more active or lazier? Lazy. Lazy lazy lazy.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Pretty much everything, except touring. We did that exactly the right amount this year.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
The traditional way: playing records at the Riverhorse on the 24th, waking up late on Christmas, cooking myself something nice. I was thinking of going to see a movie, but there's nothing at the Oriental or Downer that really interests me. Maybe I'll watch one at home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Dollhouse and Castle, and 30 Rock when I could see it.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Uh...shit, I read so many books. Um...I was really excited to get the first volume of the Bloom County anthology.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A.A. Bondy, probably.
28. What did you want and get?
Progress in the land of the Hifi, although it took quite a while.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Let the Right One In. Or maybe Samurai Cop.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my 31st birthday, we had a lovely time karaokeing it up at Frank's Power Plant. There, I reconnected with my friend Erin, and even though we're both awful at scheduling/having free time, we try to hang out whenever we can, since then.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Do I even have to say it?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
About the same. More sweaters.
34. What kept you sane?
The same things that always do: music, friends, whiskey. Megan, in particular, makes me feel like I'm at least doing SOMETHING right.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Felicia Day, I suppose. Redheads will get me every time...
35. What was your favorite video game of the year?
In 2009, there is still time for Klax, right?
36. Who has made the most cameos in your dreams this year?
Well, there was the really weird one, where Megan had been killed by her doppleganger. I sent her a text about it when I woke up, and received the reply: "Sorry, too busy fighting off my evil twin to text. Check for a black goatee tomorrow morni-
37. Who did you miss?
Everybody I didn't get to see. So, mostly people to the east.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh, man, so many! Carlin Reed (and Kathy!), Janessa Knodt, Liz Bustamante, Pantene and Alli, Police Teeth, BBGS, Maigin Blank, Al Sears, James, a fuckton of people at the PRF fest, on tour, so on, so on...it was a grand year for meeting folks.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Can't think of one.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I do my best, but I'm made of mistakes."
Neko Case - I'm an Animal